There are many reasons patients seek chiropractic care. Your Pensacola Chiropractor treats a variety of conditions and symptoms including headaches, neck pain, back pain and injuries caused by car accidents. If you ever suffer from any of these types of symptoms, there are a few easy steps to follow to help you find the best chiropractor for your needs.
Most patients find using a good referral system as a great way to find local Chiropractors. One option for a promising referral is to ask your primary care physician. At Gilmore Chiropractic we work closely with and receive patient referrals from many local primary care physicians in the Pensacola area. Another referral option is to ask your friends and family. Many people seek Chiropractic care and they will be happy to provide you with the information for a great chiropractor. When you are given the name of a Chiropractor you should then go online to websites like healthgrades.com and ratemds.com and look at reviews from other patients who have seen this chiropractor. Usually, if there is a major issue at a specific chiropractic office, those patient reviews will alert you so you can make an informed decision.
Once you’ve found who you believe is the best chiropractor for your needs – the next step would be to either call with additional questions or schedule a consultation with the doctor. Your Pensacola Chiropractors office appreciates patients who take control of their care by coming in prepared with questions and concerns. We highly recommend making sure you have great rapport with your chiropractor- it is very important, as a patient, you feel comfortable.
Here are a few great questions to ask during your first consultation:
- What is the average patient wait time? This helps guide you in your decision-making, as your time is very important.
- What is the average cost? Many chiropractors set up payment plans and/or low cost treatment options. This is especially important if you are uninsured or under insured.
- Are there additional exercises or practices you can do at home to supplement the treatment?
- How long is the average appointment? The first patient appointment is often significantly longer due to paperwork and consultation.
- How many years has the chiropractor been in practice?
- What types of adjustments are offered? Find more info here.
- Does the chiropractor have an in-office x-ray system? Do they have a digital x-ray system?
After asking any questions you may have – review how the appointment went. Did you feel comfortable? Were your questions answered? Did you feel that the chiropractor listened? These are all important things to consider when choosing a local chiropractor. We hope this helps in guiding you in selecting the best chiropractor for your specific needs!